Salmon Filet!
I tried my hand at salmon next :)
I cooked some onions and garlic in a little oil and set my salmon filet onto of them. The filet started out frozen. It had skin on one side and used the skin as protection between the pan and the fish meat.
I added capers, covered the filet in salt and pepper and let it do it's thing. I kept an eye on it and uncovered it to make sure it was ok.
I covered my pan and let the salmon cook for about an hour. The skin prevented the fish meat from burning.
I cooked some stir-fry while the fish was cooking. I under-cooked my salmon a little, but that's only because it started out frozen.
A cooked salmon filet looks light pink on the outside and inside. Mine was a little darker in the middle, but it was hot and delicious anyways.
Don't worry about under-cooking salmon, don't we eat it raw on sushi?
The picture is on a little plate, so the filet looks ginormous, but don't worry.
I wouldn't eat too much more with the salmon than vegetables. Salmon is an extremely high caloric and fatty fish and doesn't need too many extras on the side. It'll keep you full for quite a while too!
No comments:
Post a Comment