Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fajita Night!

 Who doesn't like Fajitas! Well, I'm sure some people don't like them, but that's really too bad. They are so easy to make!

Fajita night was GREAT!

We cooked beef and chicken strips, (I'm not too fond of the beef ones, but they were good too) with lots of peppers. We started on the meats first and added some peppers in the skillet for flavoring.
When we cooked the peppers (red and yellow) we seasoned them with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning in order to give them a slight kick! We grilled them separate from the meat in order to keep all the flavors separate. I think cooking everything together is great, but sometimes it's nice to bite into a burrito and have different flavors!









While all that was cooking, I mixed two very ripe organic avocados, some diced onions and tomatoes in a bowl. I used a potato masher. It did the job GREAT!

I used some lemon to add a little flavor and salt and peppered the dish.

This Guacamole was perfect!! I didn't add any cream and the taste and texture of the avocado was sufficient.





And this was the end of the evening. I got some great tasting corn tortillas, slathered my home made guacamole, added chicken, peppers and onions, rolled everything and enjoyed! Who said sour cream and cheese was a MUST HAVE for fajitas! NOT ME :D


 I hope you find this helpful, it was so much fun to make and even better to eat!!

MUST LOVE FAJITAS!



No comments:

Post a Comment