Sunday, July 7, 2013

Easy "Healthy" Gluten Free snack!

Candied Pecans!

I found this recipe in an app, "Gluten Free Snacks" I think it's called. The app is really not that great, it only has a limited number of recipes and you have to pay extra to get their full (not so extended) recipe book. I DID find this cool, easy to make, fast and really REALLY tasty candied pecans recipe. Suggestions for eating: on sorbet, as a topping, with other kinds of tasty delicious addings, on their own, as a sweet snack for that 3 pm craving and really, on anything that inspires you!


yum!!


This is my finished product, and here's the super fast super easy recipe:

Ingredients: 

2 cups pecans
1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin is best)
2 tablespoons yacon syrup (I used maple because that's what I have)
1/2 teaspoon seas salt.

Now for the Process:

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (easy right?!)
Place in whatever glass baking dish is available to you (they need to all fit on at most 2 layers)
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
EAT! (hot or cold)

Having just moved, I only had this really tasty salt, Himalayan Pink Salt. 
I used this salt for the Pecans instead of the generic sea salt. I don't know if it makes a difference, but if you have to buy any salt, get this one, it's Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment