Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oh boy Chicken Salad Sandwich!!!

I was CRAVING chicken salad one morning and decided to go ahead and make myself one. I've never made chicken salad before this and just put together what I had in my pantry. I wish I had had apples and raisins to add a slight sweetness to it, but I managed just fine with what I had :)

I chopped some white shallots, celery and some chive greens. All three in equal parts in order to have a blend of the three.
The celery is to add some nice crunchy texture :)












I put all three in a bowl and added the chicken. I used pr-cooked Tyson's grilled chicken strips that I lightly shredded in the bowl. I say lightly in order to still have pieces of chicken in the salad. If it was too shredded, it wouldn't be any fun would it?

Looking good right!!

I seasoned the chicken to my liking in the pan.







I added vegan mayonnaise and mustard, cumin and other spices. I trust that you know what you like and dislike in your chicken salad ;)














And this is the final product!! An amazing delicious home made chicken salad sandwich! Of course the bread is gluten free (but still contains egg whites, so it's not completely egg free.)


Let me know if you find a good gluten egg and dairy free bread! Don't hesitate to leave me some comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment