Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wild Caught Flounder Filet and Potatoes

Wild Caught Flounder.

A great fish I had never tasted before.

I tried myself at it. I used the package it was frozen in to marinate it in lemon juice, pepper and salt. As you can see I also added some lemon slices (with the rind cut off, my lemons weren't organic) Shame on me, I know :(

I let it semi defrost in the refrigerator while marinating.





While the fish was defrosting, I diced two new potatoes into small cubes, keeping the skin. (Was the potatoes well beforehand)

In the pan I sauteed the onions first, letting them sweat (or wait until they get mushy and clear) and added some garlic.

I then added the potatoes and got them crispy.

I cooked them for quite a while, tasting them now and then to make sure they were cooking.




When the potatoes were almost cooked, I boiled some water and submerged my diced potatoes in boiling water, helping their cooking process. 

I let the water boil down completely.










I then added the fish.

I separated the cooked potatoes and plopped my fish filet between them.

The fish cooked until it became white and flaky.


Like this!

I also added some capers on the top of the fish, and some lemon juice to give it an extra moisture to prevent it from drying out.

Take care of your fish!






I then plated my fish and potatoes, with a side of stir-fry veggies. 

For my first time cooking fish, I will say, it was delicious!

I hope this encourages y'all to try cooking fish, it's really not that hard and it SO GOOD!

See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment