Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bread!!

So,
I recently just got back from my homeland, France, the country of good food, wine and... drum-roll please... BREAD!

I haven't had one slice of normal baguette in... a couple of weeks, and I AM HAVING WITHDRAWALS!

First things first, I tried to make break... With no eggs, or milk. Easy peasy you would say right? Well not so much. I am not a baker, I'm not a professional cook. I enjoy easy, fast recipes. Have I said Easy yet?

So I got some gluten free flower (Bob's Red Mill) and found this Vegan recipe online. I just substituted the normal wheat flower with a gluten free one.

I got the Vegan bread recipe here
 http://www.food.com/recipe/the-easiest-simplest-vegan-bread-ever-155430

Well... It wasn't so bad, a little dry I have to admit. I'll also say that I didn't really respect every single little detail of the bread making (including throwing the oil in after the dough was already nice and kneaded... OUPS)


I ate my entire first loaf, toasting the tiny little slices to serve as toast in the morning, with my "almost tastes like butter" butter and some home made jam (that I got from the farmers marker in my little Texas Town.).

The second loaf I let set in the fridge and tried cutting it with my non-extra-sharp-bread-knife... bad idea!
It was SO hard I almost cut my finger off!
I ended up asking Tony, my boyfriend, to crush the bread (he used my hammer) and set it in a bag. I'm saving it for breading... Haven't used it yet, but I will probably soon make breaded something right?!

Anyhow, the bread thing... I've decided, even though I LOVE all that it bread based, I'm not ready for hand made bread kneading and stuff, so for now I'm trying to find easily accessible substitutes!


Sorry I don't have a great recipe for you guys :( The Bread WAS GOOD, just a little too hard, and I haven't had the motivation to try it again. I know I can change a couple of things and it would turn out better. I would recommend trying the recipe though, it was fun and was great for morning toast or breadcrumbs (I think)!





< here is a picture of the freshly baked bread.. Pretty right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment