Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Vegenaise, a great mayo substitute

Hi guys, and galls!

Today I want to right a short post on vegenaise... or mayonnaise substitute.

I LOVE mayo, adore it actually. Unfortunately, with the high content of eggs in normal mayonnaise, I can't have it anymore. Shucks. A vegetarian friend told me about vegenaise, a brand of vegan mayo I can find in my small town, so I decided to try it out.


This is what it looks like. There are many different kinds. I tried the original and it's not too bad. The texture is right, even though it gets slightly liquidy when put in or on hot things. It does have soy in it, but they offer a soy free vegenaise as well as reduced fat, grape-seed oil and organic. They also have a gourmet vegenaise type that offer pesto, roasted garlic, chipotle, barbecue, horseradish sauce and tartar sauce. I'm looking forward to trying some of the gourmet one.
For the original I would say it's missing a little... taste. So I'm going to try adding mustard to it when using it in in chicken salads or tuna. 

This vegenaise website http://followyourheart.com/products/cheddar-3/ has all the information about vegenaise and more! They make dairy free cheese (I'm going to try that VERY soon, trust me) and they even offer recipes. 

I hope you liked this little ovo-lacto-wheat free mayonnaise substitute. 

See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment